Wednesday, April 16, 2008

House #20

Oh, people....this house. Wow.

You know the saying "can't see the forest for the trees"? Yeah...literally here:


I have never seen so many trees on one tiny lot. There were huge trees lining the driveway and the front lawn and all in front of the bay window. Ironically, this was a corner lot, and where you would expect there to be trees (along the street), there weren't any. Goooo figure.


Something about it looks very Hansel and Gretyl to me.

Let's move on to the description:
Rare opportunity to own a home w/minimal usage. Seller has spent most of time conducting business out of state so total time lived in home was about 4 years total!

Maybe it's just me, but that doesn't sound quite as great as they think it does (especially when you consider that the house was built in '93!). That sounds to me like no one lived in the home for a significant amount of time, so who knows what kinds of things were neglected. I'll give you some hints.

1)the yard:


Our current yard is such a headache to keep up with...this one seemed like it might try to compete for migraine status.

2)the floor (ok...maybe these aren't neglected, but wow! The ugliness! My eyes!!):
Holy moly...would you check these out??? That's right. Teal. Marbled. Shag. Carpet. *swoon!* And yes...it runs throughout the house. Try to contain yourselves.


And the kitchen...ohhh the kitchen. It was some weird green marble tile looking vinyl...with gold "grout". Mmmhmmmm....*raises eyebrow*


3)the property. Everyone KNOWS the house is normally empty. How do I know this? I was trying to take a picture of the wierd spot at the front of the house. We were discussing how odd it was to plant a small forest immediately in front of the bay window (umm...isn't the point of the bay window to have light?). I noticed this strange spot on the window:


(The first one to catch my attention was smack dab in the middle of the window...and filled with hot glue. I kid you not.) I commented how odd and then I hear the words "bullet hole" between Jeff and Butch. Ummmm...what??? "Yeah," they say "at the very least, those are bb holes."

Aaaaaand another house off the list. I was already questioning things since one side of the street was nice and the other was...iffy. BB/bullet holes just seal the deal for me.

But wait! There's another post coming! After I'd ruled out the house for real reasons (the neighborhood/safety level and crazy yard), I decided to focus on the things that were so distracting....I think they should have another post. :P

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

Boise, Idaho, United States
To live content with small means; to seek elegance rather than luxury; and refinement rather than fashion; to be worthy, not respectable; and wealthy, not rich; to study hard, think quietly, talk gently, act frankly; to listen to stars and birds, to babes and sages, with open heart; to bear all cheerfully, do all bravely, await occasion, hurry never; in a word, to let the spiritual, unbidden and unconscious grow up through the common. This is to be my symphony. William Henry Channing