Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Quaaack!

Look what I have!



Zoooooooooooooooom:



My very own guard duck! Every sewing room needs one! :P

He's been sitting in the middle of our cul de sac all day. I think he must have a girlie duck and maybe some eggs nearby.

Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Chair progress...

I finished the cushion. Still not perfectly happy with it, but I managed to break every needle I have trying to get through it. Ohhh well. It will do for now! Now I just need to get the sides, back and bottom stapled on. Almost there!!

Felt Book Complete! :)f

Elliot's book is finished!!



Close ups:



















I think I'm in love with it :)

Wednesday, April 8, 2009

My chair remodel: continued

I hand stitched the front piece on (in green, bottom front of the chair) and then sewed the piping onto the floral pieces and stitched the arm covers to that and stapled it all in place. Also, I washed up the old fabric and reused some of the nicer looking pieces to make piping for the chair. I hadn't originally intended to do that, but it matches, and yay for reusing the old, right?


I added some padding to the arms and back and wrapped the back piece around and stapled it:


Now I'm struggling with getting the side panels on. I just can't seem to line them up straight enough for my liking. I studied my pictures of the original though and I think I've figured out how to fix it.


When I got frustrated with the side pieces, I started working on the seat cushion. Bit by bit, it's coming together!


This isn't the original vision I had for the chair, but this is stuff I found for 70-80% off, so I think I only spent around $11 on fabric for the chair. Go me :)

Edit: Shoot. I just realized that I forgot to put the gray panel on the back of the chair. I wonder if I can figure out how to get it back on there without having to rip the back apart and start over. *sigh*

My chair remodel!

I don't think I've posted my pictures of the chair progress...

Here's what it looked like when I got it. I cleaned it as much as I could, but the old fabric was just worn out:





First step, taking off the old fabric. This involves a lot of pulling and prying to get the staples out.





There are a LOT of staples in this chair!!



Here are some "gutted" shots.
Front:


And back:


Once I got all of the fabric off, I used it as pattern pieces on my new fabric. Snip! Snip!



I need to get some pictures of the next steps in the process. It's coming right along!