Wednesday, April 8, 2009

My chair remodel!

I don't think I've posted my pictures of the chair progress...

Here's what it looked like when I got it. I cleaned it as much as I could, but the old fabric was just worn out:





First step, taking off the old fabric. This involves a lot of pulling and prying to get the staples out.





There are a LOT of staples in this chair!!



Here are some "gutted" shots.
Front:


And back:


Once I got all of the fabric off, I used it as pattern pieces on my new fabric. Snip! Snip!



I need to get some pictures of the next steps in the process. It's coming right along!

1 comment:

  1. Cool. I look forward to seeing the finished product.

    ReplyDelete

About Me

Boise, Idaho, United States
To live content with small means; to seek elegance rather than luxury; and refinement rather than fashion; to be worthy, not respectable; and wealthy, not rich; to study hard, think quietly, talk gently, act frankly; to listen to stars and birds, to babes and sages, with open heart; to bear all cheerfully, do all bravely, await occasion, hurry never; in a word, to let the spiritual, unbidden and unconscious grow up through the common. This is to be my symphony. William Henry Channing