Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Rain, rain...

Today on my way home from Jeff's office, it cut loose pouring. I haven't seen so much rain since we moved here. It was heavenly.

(As always, you can click on the pictures for a bigger version)

Drip, drip, drip...


It had calmed some by the time I got home, and the water was starting to pool in the candle holders on our little covered porch off of the front door.


I sat on the porch, just enjoying the rain, talking to my momma on the phone and playing with my camera.

These are my favorites, closeups of the water puddling up on the slate slabs on our walkway.


Aren't the colors pretty?


It's sunny and bright now. You'd never know it rained. I'm glad I got to enjoy my little summer storm though. I miss them terribly.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

Boise, Idaho, United States
To live content with small means; to seek elegance rather than luxury; and refinement rather than fashion; to be worthy, not respectable; and wealthy, not rich; to study hard, think quietly, talk gently, act frankly; to listen to stars and birds, to babes and sages, with open heart; to bear all cheerfully, do all bravely, await occasion, hurry never; in a word, to let the spiritual, unbidden and unconscious grow up through the common. This is to be my symphony. William Henry Channing