Monday, June 1, 2009

Felt Dollhouse!

I *finally* finished the dollhouse for the little girl I nanny for. Only 6 months late! *grins*

And in case I haven't mentioned, it was based off of this tutorial. I just handstitched all of mine out of felt. I think I may have lost my mind!




Kitchen in progress (the handles aren't really that wonky. They're buttonhole stitches, so they stand out from the fridge and stove!)


Dining room in progress:


Living room in progress:


Side/back view:


All opened up:


Closeup: Vintage button


Closeup: Front of the house:


Closeup: Another vintage button (aren't they the cutest???) and little birdies on the side of the house


Another front of the house shot (but look! mushrooms!):


So, yeah...it's finished! I'm sure the neighbors loved watching me laying and crawling in the front yard to get pictures. What can I say? I am my father's child (he's also known for doing such things!)

5 comments:

  1. Tell me you're not really going to give this away! :) I'm sure she'll love it.

    I've been out in the backyard taking photos in my pjs before (not *of* me in my pjs, photos of my kids,) when the neighbors came out on their porch and I ran back inside.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mabel's comment: "Is that for sale?"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sooooooo cute! What little girl wouldn't love that?

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a work of art!! lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is gorgeous, so much love an attention has gone into that.

    ReplyDelete

About Me

Boise, Idaho, United States
To live content with small means; to seek elegance rather than luxury; and refinement rather than fashion; to be worthy, not respectable; and wealthy, not rich; to study hard, think quietly, talk gently, act frankly; to listen to stars and birds, to babes and sages, with open heart; to bear all cheerfully, do all bravely, await occasion, hurry never; in a word, to let the spiritual, unbidden and unconscious grow up through the common. This is to be my symphony. William Henry Channing