Tuesday, September 11, 2007

My first raggedy doll!

She's not exactly traditional, but I was working with what I had and I love her! Please ignore the fact that her arms are a bit wonky and the stripes on her legs didn't quite line up. She was my "tester" doll, so I already know things I'll do differently next time.

(as always, you can click on the pics for a larger version)




Closeup:



She was made with my stash fabric, with hand painted socks and shoes (using fabric medium added to my paint) and hand embroidered face and heart:



Here's a closeup of her little heart:



She's not perfect, but I'm pretty darn proud :)

1 comment:

About Me

Boise, Idaho, United States
To live content with small means; to seek elegance rather than luxury; and refinement rather than fashion; to be worthy, not respectable; and wealthy, not rich; to study hard, think quietly, talk gently, act frankly; to listen to stars and birds, to babes and sages, with open heart; to bear all cheerfully, do all bravely, await occasion, hurry never; in a word, to let the spiritual, unbidden and unconscious grow up through the common. This is to be my symphony. William Henry Channing